Ever close to the requirements of the market and to the needs of handiness and features of the insiders, Hidra offers frames and edges for exterior, sand – resin coated, of easy laying and long duration. These items are codified in varied types and sizes, furthermore it’s possible to study and produce models under request.
The technical offices and dealers can find in our catalogue the suitable under – drip frames, or edges for the stringcourses and windows, or can customise a model without any additional cost.
Here follow the codes of the most requested models of stringcourse, under – drip and edges, which can be modified or revised.
The Hidra® Edge product range and all made to measure models are available with 2 types of coating, S.P. (Soft Protection) and H.P. (Hard protection). The desired option is specified at the time the order is confirmed or when requesting a quotation.
S.P. Soft Protection: emulsified epoxy resin based, low build exterior coating in dark grey, with a residential-type finish. An inexpensive product that is light and has excellent durability and elasticity.
H.P. Hard protection: high build, smooth, 3.25 cement and vinyl copolymer resin based exterior coating in light grey. Luxury components that are rigid, highly resistant to compression and weathering.
1) Preparing the surface: The surface must be flat, free from dust, grease or other substances that could compromise the adhesion, solid, cohesive, cured and devoid of any organic compounds such as moss or algae. Remove any layers of old paint or other coatings that could prevent the Hidra Edge product from adhering. Where necessary, install “U” shaped aluminium profiles, securing them with wall plugs.
2) Cut the Hidra Edge component as required with either a circular bench saw or a wood hacksaw. Alternatively it is possible to order items with the ends cut at different angles or to request pre-formed corners.
3) Apply Hidra Coll glue evenly on all the product’s rear and/or upper surfaces, taking care to put some of the mixture also in the cavity that may have been made in the back sections.
4) Where necessary, use temporary supports to hold the components in place until the glue has dried completely.
5) Seal the sides of the Hidra Edge models with Hidra Coll and a paintable acrylic silicone. A special reinforcing mesh can be laid at the joints, interposed between layers of Hidra Coll.
6) Paint the Hidra Edge items using a suitable coating product depending on the nature of the site (type of exposure, building usage, etc.).
All Hidra Edge products are made specifically to meet the requirements of the client, and therefore production of the items in the catalogue also requires time for handling the technical issues involved. When quotations or order confirmations are submitted, clients are advised to allow sufficient time for this process.
Depending on the individual manufacturing specifications, it is possible that there may be some minor imperfections, but they present no problems of either a technical or an aesthetic nature.